Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Foot Locker of THE Julian A. Cook??

Article about: I picked this up from a thrift store just because I thought my son would like to store his stuff in it. After I got it home, I decided to research the name on the trunk... and of course came

Quote by Ubique View Post
    "Inspection officer" maybe?
    Great trunk!

Oz.
    Hmmm... possibly!
    What would the letters/numbers under the name represent? I know that's not THE Julian A. Cooks serial number.

The blue tag with tape over it isn't from an auction, it is a inventory number placed on an item by a moving company. Source: I have moved enough times to be familiar with them.

The excitement bubble has burst, lol. Further research has just about convinced me this trunk belonged to Julian Abele Cook Jr. He was born in Washington DC (which accounts for the address on the trunk), and ended up in the Detroit area (which is where the trunk was found). He served in the Army from 1952 to 1954 after graduating from University and eventually became a US district judge.
    Thanks for your opinions!
    Last edited by Wilk Mydlarz; 11-30-2016 at 12:42 AM.

MAP
    ?

Well it was fun while it lasted

But it did turn out to be a nice little research project and you got yourself a nice legitimate army foot locker.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice trunk, well marked and in great shape. Even has the tray inside which many times is missing. Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2