Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1

Article about: Hello, all. Not my main area of collecting, but saw this rig at a local antique mall sitting in one of the cases tucked off in the corner and decided to take a chance on it. It is the rubber

Default Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1

Hello, all.

Not my main area of collecting, but saw this rig at a local antique mall sitting in one of the cases tucked off in the corner and decided to take a chance on it. It is the rubber type covered with the cloth. I tried reading up on these on Google before buying and believe this to be a pre-WWII into WWII gas mask. Is that correct If this is WWII, would it be suitable for display with an M1917A1 Kelley helmet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1   Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1  

Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1   Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1  

Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1  

Default Re: Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1

I too agree its pre-ww2, and would look good with an M17 lid, in my opinion.
    For reference, what was the price? I really like it
    Cheers
    Nuno

Hey, nice pickup man. That would look great on a stand with an early US pot I think

I'm thinking a Kelley helmet

Nice addition. It would make a great display.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. And to think I almost didnt go into that antique store, I would have missed this set.

If it's not too much to ask, what's a kit like this go for? I'm not asking because I want to sell, definitely keeping it. Just curious to compare with what I paid. A round about going price is all i ask. I see the bags go for about $20-25 usd. Thanks

Hi Helmetone the mask is a M1A2 produced from 1935 through to 1944 so it could still be ww2 manufactured.the M1VA1 is the carry case not the mask...............Jake.

Thanks jake. Guess that was contrary to what I read on a few sites.

I guess the web-sites vary a lot,but you have an incredible find there,most of the ones on "ebay USA" are the M2/M3/M4 series,but rarely do you see an M1A1/M1A2 around so hold on to it you may never come across another one,the main differance between the two is the M1A1 came in five differant sizes where as the M1A2 was one size fits all in fact the face piece fitted around 95% of all US troops.I can never find a US seller willing to ship to the UK with these type of items.p.s its in really nice condition too,well done to you.............Jake.update added a pic of US soldiers in panama in early 1942 wearing M1A2 gas masks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas Mask Pick-up - M1VA1