Article about: by stuka f God , they have got big nose's!!! I guess they do

Smile Re: gas masks

Quote by stuka f View Post
    God , they have got big nose's!!!
    I guess they do

Default Re: gas masks

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Here my Republican guard gas mask.
    when did you get yours, mine are from 1991, quite a difference in looks?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    when did you get yours, mine are from 1991, quite a difference in looks?
    The date on it is 1985.Got it during desert shield.

The date on it is 1985.Got it during desert shield.
    that is wierd, I was in the left hook around straight into Iraq, we were in the area of Basrah, came up behind the republican gaurd, the 24th mech infantry was in front of us, we were the field arty for them, but they didn't need us, they wiped them out. we just came behind them & picked up the good spoils of war, wish I had the ak 47 I found there. I would have to dig my mask out & see if it has a date on it. take care.

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    that is wierd, I was in the left hook around straight into Iraq, we were in the area of Basrah, came up behind the republican gaurd, the 24th mech infantry was in front of us, we were the field arty for them, but they didn't need us, they wiped them out. we just came behind them & picked up the good spoils of war, wish I had the ak 47 I found there. I would have to dig my mask out & see if it has a date on it. take care.
    Sorry I was not there I was in Wiesbaden German my friend was there.I took care of his dog for 6 months and gave me this to say thank you.

Here my Republican guard gas mask.
    I dont think that your one is actually Iraqi, I have never owned one of these so I'm unsure if the markings but it is identical in every way to the Yugoslavian version so I'm thinking its possibly somehow made its way into the Iraqi Army with many more of these masks I've seen for sale over the time I've been collecting. It wouldnt suprise me if it was a copy though, as other Iraqi gas masks and equipment are direct copies of something from another nation. Just an extra add on fact for anyone wanting to know, youre masks design actually originated in the US under the name "M9" and was copied and used by around 6 different countries including Sweden, Finland, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Korea and possibly Iraq. I'm sure theres more countries that I just can't remember right now

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I dont think that your one is actually Iraqi, I have never owned one of these so I'm unsure if the markings but it is identical in every way to the Yugoslavian version so I'm thinking its possibly somehow made its way into the Iraqi Army with many more of these masks I've seen for sale over the time I've been collecting. It wouldnt suprise me if it was a copy though, as other Iraqi gas masks and equipment are direct copies of something from another nation. Just an extra add on fact for anyone wanting to know, youre masks design actually originated in the US under the name "M9" and was copied and used by around 6 different countries including Sweden, Finland, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Korea and possibly Iraq. I'm sure theres more countries that I just can't remember right now

Thanks

Danny
    I collect ww1 and ww2 stuffs,the only thing I know about this gas mask is what my friend tall me I got it in one of my closets not with my collection.So you are probably right about it I just do not know anything about it just it came from desert shield.

I collect ww1 and ww2 stuffs,the only thing I know about this gas mask is what my friend tall me I got it in one of my closets not with my collection.So you are probably right about it I just do not know anything about it just it came from desert shield.
    well you got yours the easy way, I had to go get mine. LOL, but oh well I signed the papers, mine has a triangle with their markings on it & it's all green.

regards.
    Marty

relic360
    ?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    -Just an extra add on fact for anyone wanting to know, youre masks design actually originated in the US under the name "M9" and was copied and used by around 6 different countries including Sweden, Finland, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Korea and possibly Iraq. I'm sure theres more countries that I just can't remember right now -

Danny
    I knew about the finish copied it I didn’t know about the other countries, thanks for the info.

Quote by relic360 View Post
    I knew about the finish copied it I didn’t know about the other countries, thanks for the info.
    No problem, in a couple of months gasmasks.net will probably be back up and running the way it used to be, theres an article on there about the US M9 and its copies just incase anyone is interested.

Thanks

Danny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast