Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

grenade

Article about: Don't repaint it. You will kill the value. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: grenade

not the best solution hiding it away ,,you dont know whos going to find it in the future,,why risk potentialy causing death or major injury to someone else..the thing to do is call the police tell them your concerns ,they will in turn notify eod who will come and remove it and dispose of it accordingly,,,you will not get in trouble for doing the right thing,,

?

I said put in a SAFE place..literally a safe. Also I said IMO, but you're probably right..as long as they can salvage the piece.

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    I said put in a SAFE place..literally a safe. Also I said IMO, but you're probably right..as long as they can salvage the piece.
    Don't put it in the washing machine though.

Soldiers blow up washing machine with a grenade - YouTube

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I had a Maytag, which did that once ....

sorted guys i managed to get the side screw out and its empty

?

While a bit risky, nice to know it's safe.

Nitram

?

Glad to hear it's safe.
    Many years ago, my friend dug one of these up. He pulled the pin, threw it and ducked. Nothing happened. He then picked it up and took it home, where his father took it to the toolshed and began to attack it with a hacksaw. I still have the sawn off baseplate. Unbelievable.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

lol i must say i s**t myself unscrewing it and yea i thought about pulling the pin and throwing it myself lol

?

Quote by rocky1980 View Post
    lol i must say i s**t myself unscrewing it and yea i thought about pulling the pin and throwing it myself lol
    Crikey
    One small crack in the centre tube and it could detonate as it leaves your hand! The center tubes would be coated in vasseline to prevent this addmitedly rare occurance. My father saw people freeze on the range throwing these, with the instructor having to (very very carefully) pry the grenade from the terrified soldiers hand and replace the pin.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    I'd CAREFULLY put it in a secure place and DONT mess with it. If it's survived this long as is then leave it be. Dont call the bomb squad, you'll just alarm everyone and they'll destroy history. Simply leave it be in a safe place where it wont get touched, IMO! Dont take my word either, this is just what I might do.
    Dean you aren't being serious with this advice are you ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast