Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A haunting reminder of war

Article about: If only it could talk!......

Default A haunting reminder of war

Hi guys,

I picked this up today from my favorite dealer, who found it at an antique shop in Oklahoma. It is a U.S. Army medic's bag with a 1941 dated strap. The dealer did not notice that there were blood stains all over it in the places that a medic would touch it, in the case of its use.

Whether the blood stains are pre-1945 or not, I probably will never know. I am willing to bet that they are from the war, and that this bag was kept by the vet for sentimental purposes. It's a good thing I don't believe in ghosts, or this thing would be long gone...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A haunting reminder of war   A haunting reminder of war  

A haunting reminder of war   A haunting reminder of war  

Default Re: A haunting reminder of war

A thought provoking piece indeed. To try and imagine what its seen...

Quinn

Quote by matthewsq View Post
    A thought provoking piece indeed. To try and imagine what its seen...

Quinn
    It's probably one of my favorite items now. I am up late, and I keep going over to it and looking it over for other markings or clues...

Hi Mo, it might not be to everyone's tastes, but I like it for the same reasons as you. It is a good historical item and tells a graphic story. It is solid reminder of the tragic background to what we collect.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Mo, I just hope whoevers blood it is survived to die of old age. It certainly paints a picture mate!

Well said guys. I agree with every comment made. It might be a long shot, but could you imagine having a DNA test performed on it, and then potentially matching it to someone? Imagine if that person was still alive, and could recall the injury.

I tend to daydream.

?

I never really believed in ghosts before I experienced them myself. Lets hope you don't. Great item Moe.
    Dean.

Mo, collecting this stuff is full of these sort of daydreams, anyone who doesn't is pretty bloody boring! I don't like your chances but I love your enthusiasm!

and to me this item shows how brave all the medic are and where in war time. be good if you can find some 40s medic stuff to go in to

It tells its own tale Mo, a sobering reminder of the history behind the items we collect.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast