Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help With 37pat Basic pouches

Article about: by PhantomGuitar Isn’t it possible that they could be Danish or Belgian or one of the other myriad countries that adopted British style web gear? Always a possibility. Even if so they will h

Quote by PhantomGuitar View Post
    Isn’t it possible that they could be Danish or Belgian or one of the other myriad countries that adopted British style web gear? Always a possibility.
    Even if so they will have a storage smell to them and you, well I can't wash it out

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Even if so they will have a storage smell to them and you, well I can't wash it out
    As Rene has said, ANY webbing equipment, (certainly British W/E), of any age will have a distinct "smell" about it, and that is whether it has been issued OR stuck on a shelf in a QM's store for 40plus years!
    It doesnt matter whether it is 08, 37, 44 or 58ptn W/E, it ALL has that distinctive smell about it after any length of time and, as Rene has said, you cannot loose it! I have got British Army web equipment that was issued to me in the early 1980's alongside early 37ptn and 44ptn kit and it ALL has "that smell"

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Sorry for the delay,Photos of the rear of the pouches.

There are no markings of any kind on these pouches,Will take a look at the web sites and see.

Thank you all for your help.

Mossie

=CONFIG]620332[/ATTACH]Help With 37pat Basic pouches
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With 37pat Basic pouches  

?

Hi Mossie,

I'm fairly confident that they are of postwar Italian manufacture. I have a set of triple pouches with the exact same type of press studs (they are stamped 'Italy' on the back of the stud).

Hope this help!

-Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2