Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help cleaning british gas mask

Article about: Hi, i got this mask today, its from 1942 and i want to clean it, how should i do it, what materials to use?Help me out on this. Best regards Nuno

Default Help cleaning british gas mask

Hi, i got this mask today, its from 1942 and i want to clean it, how should i do it, what materials to use?Help me out on this.
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help cleaning british gas mask   Help cleaning british gas mask  

Default Re: Help cleaning british gas mask

Hi, this thread here has good information on cleaning, storing and displaying old gas masks

british ww2 gas mask.

Hopefully it helps, post pics after you clean it up

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Hi, this thread here has good information on cleaning, storing and displaying old gas masks

british ww2 gas mask.

Hopefully it helps, post pics after you clean it up

Thanks

Danny
    Ok, thanks mate, your the expert on this, take a look at the photos at my collection and tell me what you think of it, if anything is missing and such. il start cleaning it tomorow.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Its no problem, im by far an expert though theres quite a few bits and pieces from your set missing such as the cotton waste, anti gas brassard, anti gas ointment etc. Good luck cleaning it up, i'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out

Thanks

Danny

i decided to start on it tonight instead of tomorow, ill post some progress in a while

Here`s what iv done so far, just after a bit of superficial cleaning some serials numbers that werent visible before, started to show up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help cleaning british gas mask   Help cleaning british gas mask  

Its looking greast already I'll have a look into the best ways to clean the carrier to because that looks like it needs to be cleaned up too good luck with cleaning the rest of it

Thanks

Danny

Thanks mate, this is how she looks like so far
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help cleaning british gas mask  

Early in the morning the cleaning proceeded, and after some hard work this apearednow becoming visible at the naked eye
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help cleaning british gas mask  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast