Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to dye p44/canvas webbing tan?

Article about: Hi all, I'm looking to dye a a P44 webbing belt to a tan/sand colour. Is this possible and how would I go about doing this?

?

Question How to dye p44/canvas webbing tan?

Hi all,

I'm looking to dye a a P44 webbing belt to a tan/sand colour.

Is this possible and how would I go about doing this?

?

What colour is it now? Jungle green? Blanco?

I am interested to know why ?

I think you would need to bleach it first.

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I am interested to know why ?

I think you would need to bleach it first.
    And it would be very unlikely to look right.

Don't think I have ever seen 44 patt in any other colour than green.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

This is for the purpose of recreating the look of Pakistani/Iraqi produced P44 webbing, notably the belt and suspenders.

Quote by FinMC View Post
    This is for the purpose of recreating the look of Pakistani/Iraqi produced P44 webbing, notably the belt and suspenders.

Understood.

Then gentle bleaching, nothing severe maybe a weak peroxide but it might take several attempts and once dyed I think a few hours in the tumble dryer inside a bag of coarse sand might do the trick. Probably best to use a belt in very good condition to start with and dye it before tumbling then I think you might achieve the desired result. No promises mind you

Regards

Mark
    PS A good wash with detergent first to "de-grease" because even brand new webbing is water resistant to a degree.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-01-2019 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Is it not possible/better to buy a Pakistani/Iraqi belt?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Is it not possible/better to buy a Pakistani/Iraqi belt?
    The thought crossed my mind too, just trying to answer the question asked ��

?

Thank you for that possible solution. I initially tried that but most Iraqi stuff on the market is in very poor condition, and this is for a impression kit that I will be wearing, so I want it to look authentic to how it would have been issued.

?

Quote by FinMC View Post
    Its green and not the right model but....
    IRAQI ARMY P58 WEB BELT, OIF, LOAD BEARING EQUIPMENT BELT, OD, USED | eBay

I know its P08 webbing , But???
    BRITISH WWI P08 WEB BELT - REPRODUCTION, size up to 44 | eBay

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast