Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID help

Article about: These two items came with some WWII items I bought but not sure what they are. Some kind of pack/carrybag and a canvas/leather long case. Thanks for any help. Sorry they are not in the order

Default ID help

These two items came with some WWII items I bought but not sure what they are. Some kind of pack/carrybag and a canvas/leather long case. Thanks for any help. Sorry they are not in the order I wanted. Steve

ID helpID helpID helpID helpID helpID help

Default Re: ID help

Don't know about the bag, but the code on the canvas "tube" looks like a NATO / National Item Identification Number (NIIN) since it is 9 digits long.
    At least that is what I think it is.

The item it self looks like one of the carrying cases we used in Denmark for officer swords in the 1950s and 1960s.

How long is it?
    Inches / cm?

/Haug
    Last edited by 37Webbing; 03-15-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Additional question

NCA
    ?

The bag look like a late/post war USMC field pack..any markings on it?

Thanks guys. I thought the bag looked USMCish but not sure. There are some markings...a stamp...but cannot tell what it is. I don't have a USMC reference book because I don't come across much ot it anymore. I've got a lot of the USMCWR items for my daughters but that's about all.

The tube should be good for something, I guess, regardless of what it was used for. Maybe put some beef jerky in it. LOL

As usual, THANKS!

The pack looks like what we used to call a "fanny pack" It was carried below the regular field pack about waistline level. I used to use one of these for search and rescue missions in the late 70's. I can't pin down the era they were issued but they were plentiful at surplus stores back then. Prpbably VietNam but could easily be WWII or Korea also. The tube looks like one for a barrel carrier for a .30 or .50 cal. Browning machine gun barrel, IMO.

Burt

ILH
    ?

The tubular case has a stylized "Y" on the end, so it's Cold War Yugolsavian- dunno what it held.

can't add any more than's been said on the US pack- nice