Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Info and value of my BAR belt? (US)

Article about: How much would you guys say mine is worth in the condition it’s in? And when is it from? I can’t find any markings on it except for a faint US on one of the flaps. (where would the manufactu

?

Default Re: Info and value of my BAR belt? (US)

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    I wasn't comparing the shown item to the one in the link. In my opinion, the ones shown here look to green, befitting the post war style, while the ones used in WWII were more canvas-colored.

Matthew
    He was talking to me....

?

Quote by 101stTrooper View Post
    He was talking to me....
    Oh well...either way - repros should never be used for reference...

?

The color and material look post-war...
    i agree.....

?

Oh well...either way - repros should never be used for reference...
    yes i know that, the only reason i used it is because those are the best pics of belts i could get and we are comparing mostly big differences becauce of how differnet it is from others and thats the style that is correct....im not talking down to the weight and stamps, but just the style.

?

For my two pence worth, it looks to be a genuine WWII made belt which has been re-dye post war for reissued, all the hardware is correct and is also of the pre to mid WWII type, and the belt Surcingle (buckle) is the M1926 Rifle Belt pattern, these are normally cast brass or in most cases bronze. As to the belt itself if genuine (which I believe it is) then issued post World War Two, possibly for the Korean conflict of the early 1950's, if not then it could have been sold onto the Norwegian army, as they used to paint and Blanco there U.S. web gear items so they were more the O.D #7 Dark olive shade as used from late world war two onwards.

As to the belts value, little to nothing regards of if real or repro, this item has a curiosity value only and thus would be most sort after by a web gear collector who likes odd ball items.

(BTW if Repro its has to be an ATF one, there the only company that makes these with the 100% correct type of Stimpson grommet eyelets)

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.