Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Info and value needed on scarce R.A.F Flying mask

Article about: I got this mask a couple years back from my neighbour who bought it at a military airfield right after the war, and it has most likely been used in the 331-332 R.A.F (Norwegian) squadron, an

Default Info and value needed on scarce R.A.F Flying mask

I got this mask a couple years back from my neighbour who bought it at a military airfield right after the war, and it has most likely been used in the 331-332 R.A.F (Norwegian) squadron, and I would like some information about it and possibly what it is worth(I'm not selling it btw).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info and value needed on scarce R.A.F Flying mask   Info and value needed on scarce R.A.F Flying mask  

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Chris S
    ?

Default Re: Info and value needed on scarce R.A.F Flying mask

The mask is a G Type , designed in 1941 , production began the following year, in limited numbers , full production soon followed , April 1943 saw 13000 produced in April alone. Theyre not a rare mask ,I would even say out of all the wartime types they are the ones most commonly encountered. I have two of them. Cant help you with any info on the Sqdns you mentioned Im afraid , Regards , Cris S.

Default Re: Info and value needed on scarce R.A.F Flying mask

Further to Chris' reply; these came in three sizes, large, medium and small, and carried Air Ministry reference numbers 6D/643, 6D/644, 6D/645.

It carries Microphone, Oxygen Mask, 1943 Pattern, Air Ministry ref number 10A/12570.

For an idea of prices, see this dealers site:

Online Shop

Cheers, Ade.