Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Late war odd economy P-37 waist belt

Article about: Thanks very much Dave I do like a challenge I will keep searching around I am positive that sooner or later some information will come to light concerning this type of waist belt without the

?

Default Re: Late war odd economy P-37 waist belt

Thanks very much Dave I do like a challenge
    I will keep searching around I am positive that sooner or later some information will come to light concerning this type of waist belt without the rear chapes

Regards Mark K

?

Just a little bump to this thread and a couple of new images photo one and two clearly show that there have been no buckled chapes attached to this waist belt

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war odd economy P-37 waist belt   Late war odd economy P-37 waist belt  

Late war odd economy P-37 waist belt   Late war odd economy P-37 waist belt  

?

Evening gents a little bit of an update on this waist belt from the research team at Karkee web there are a few more possibilities being looked at here is a Email I just received from them this evening my many thanks to Roger ,John and the research team at karkee web for all there assistance and suggestions

Regards Mark K
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mark,

One of our KWRTs came up with something that's no less plausible. A Driver's Belt, i.e. someone who didn't need to be carving up the leather upholstery in the General's car!!

A.T.S. was another possibility. Rucksacks, A.T.S. were listed in V.A.O.S. Section A1, but nothing on the lines of Belt, waist, web, A.T.S. However, just in case, he's checking an A.T.S. Equipment Scale .

Another of out KWRTs is working on a non-KW draft on Sam Browne Belts. An example which is completely devoid of brace dees, sword rings and a sword hook has now been noted on a Sgt. It must be by way of a "dress" item / badge of office / etc. Perhaps your belt was intended for a similar role?

The uses could be many, as I outlined in my AckPack suggestion, where the belt from that equipment's harness might simply have had it unusual buckle removed and a standard "hook & loop" buckle substituted.

As soon as we can, we'll upload to Patt. '37 (for want of somewhere better) and then let's see what other readers have to say.

Many thanks for yr photos, even though it's yet one more Accoutremental Mystery to solve!

Best wishes,

Rog

?

Just a little bump guys I still can not find much information out there regarding this variation of the P-37 waist belt any one have any thoughts and or theories .

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2