Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Latest additions

Article about: My Latest additions. Air ministry oil can dated 1944 made of brass and 21 inches long. The man I got this from said it was for oiling the flaps on hurricanes and spitfires but I think its pr

Default Latest additions

My Latest additions.
    Air ministry oil can dated 1944 made of brass and 21 inches long. The man I got this from said it was for oiling the flaps on hurricanes and spitfires but I think its probably just a general oiler for the difficult places to get at on aircraft unless someone can tell me different.

Also a USA petrol can not really my thing but I am hoping to swap it with somebody for something British, can anybody tell me anything about this, I am assuming the 43 on the bottom is the date?

Plus a MK.1V 38 Webley with war finish stamped on it . This is something I have been after for years and now I have finely got one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest additions   Latest additions  

Latest additions   Latest additions  

?

Default Re: Latest additions

Hello Joseph,

The US petrol can is a model that was based on the early "X" pattern Wehrmacht kanister. An example of which can be seen in the Third Reich Militaria For Sale section on the forum. The '43 will as you say, likely be the production date.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks Carl.

AIF
    ?

Love that Webley!! I wish we could have those here but the gun laws suck big time here in Australia, so unfortunately we have to settle for repros ...well until they outlaw those too which wont be too far away either.

I thought the ridicules laws we have in Britain were bad enough are you not allowed to have deactivated pistols in Australia.

we had a crazy tasmainian who kinda ruined the gun laws not that i collect guns

Very nice items. Love the Webley!
    Thanks for showing.

Regards

Just got this one, Water bottle large commonly known as the Medic's water bottle dated 1941 mad by Harrison Brothers & Howson Sheffield. Unfortunately its missing its removable felt cover and straps plus the cork stopper has been replaced with a wooden one and it has a few dings but you don't see them very often so I am pleased with it. Its designed to hold double the capacity of the MK.V1 and MK.V11 bottles so I have stood a MK.V11 bottle at the side of it for size comparison and also a picture showing one in its felt cover.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest additions  
    Attached Images Attached Images Latest additions  Latest additions  Latest additions  Latest additions 

The gun laws vary from state to state in Australia, I have a deactivated 303, MG42 and 1851 colt navy revolver all quite legal in W.A. Without a firearms licence and they are not required to be kept in a gunsafe. I also have an 1851 colt navy revolver and a K98 rifle which are not deactivated but must be licenced and kept in a gun safe, I have them both on a collectors licence which means they can't legally be fired except on special occasions which are organized by the W.A. Arms and armour society (I'm a member).