Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Leather red rot

Article about: Here is a product I have been using recently to stop the rot. It is for leather book bindings and I have used it successfully on various items. Here it is shown on a leather machete scabbard

Default Leather red rot

Here is a product I have been using recently to stop the rot. It is for leather book bindings and I have used it successfully on various items.

Here it is shown on a leather machete scabbard on the right hand side so you can see the difference.

You just brush it on and it soaks in and the cellulose toughens it all up. I am not sure you could use it on anything that you wanted to be really flexible as it is more of a preservative but it seems to stop any more deterioration.
    Leather red rot
    Leather red rot

I have been using this excellent stuff for quite a few years now. It does not leave a sticky residue or a white tide mark, it doesn't dry out like saddle soap and most importantly, it does not darken the leather.

I am looking for something to preserve leather M1 chinstraps but needs to be pliable, any idea guys.

I think the Cellugel would work well if you were planning to leave the helmets on display. I have used it on a leather brief case with a flexible flap and it was still pliable.

?

Thank you Gent's for this suggestion I have both volumes of l album de la guerre 1914 1919, These were given to me from my sister inlaws grand father who was in the AEF. the leather is starting to come off as powdery when handled. I didn't want to use the other leather treatments as I heard bad things about the after effect.
    I'll have to look it up and see what size it comes in.

Thank you all again for bumping this up to the top, as I missed this the first time.

Will it have any effect to the gilded print and designs?

Leather red rot

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 09-18-2019 at 04:48 AM.