Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for info on waterproof bag.

Article about: I need some help on this Item. I was looking to buy a ww2 black waterproof bag. I found this one i look everywhere for some info on this model but zero nothing at all. I did not see this bag

Default Re: Looking for info on waterproof bag.

Chris: I don't have a photo. I entered the nomenclature number, Bag CW-1191/PCC-1 and came up with two USAF documents; Air Force Handbook 32-4014, vol. 4, 1 March 1998 and Consolidation of MOBAGS: The Quest for Efficiency in Logistics Operations, October 2002. The latter described the bag as being issued only to personnel going into a CBR environment, added that it weighs 30 pounds full, and listed the contents. Because the bag about which you are asking is rubber and the nomenclature starts with CW (Chemical Warfare), I assume that it was intended for a CBR environment. The only images I could find were for the A-Bag which appears to be made of canvass and is filled with personal equipment and gear. I don't know if the USAF had similar mobility bags in WWII, but the one you are asking about certainly doesn't look like a WWII item to me. But then I was in the Army and really don't know much about USAF field equipment. I wish I could be of more help, but what I posted is at best an inferred opinion. Dwight

Default Re: Looking for info on waterproof bag.

Thank you for all your help.
    chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2