Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Carbine Ammo Pouch Question

Article about: Hello gents, Yesterday i got this m1 carbine ammo pouch. It's made by Rubon in 1943. As you can see it's not perfect anymore but still it's really interesting to see this thing found in Indo

Question M1 Carbine Ammo Pouch Question

Hello gents,

Yesterday i got this m1 carbine ammo pouch. It's made by Rubon in 1943.
    M1 Carbine Ammo Pouch QuestionM1 Carbine Ammo Pouch QuestionM1 Carbine Ammo Pouch QuestionM1 Carbine Ammo Pouch Question

As you can see it's not perfect anymore but still it's really interesting to see this thing found in Indonesia. Maybe it's from the dutch forces during the war of independence.
    But my question is, is there anyone know about the history of this pouch? How many this pouch was made? And about the Rubon company, i can't find it anywhere. Is anyone can assist me in here?
    Thank you.

It is one of the known WWII makers, and it looks original. Sorry I don't know anything about them and assume they were based in Kentucky? Numbers produced, in the 10's of thousands at least. But every maker is a bonus in ones collection. Like Pokemon you got to catch them all!

Rubon was a company based in Kansas city. I do not think they are still in business. But like many other companies they changed to war production in 1942. You can still find some cleaning products they used to make that are on the web.

This is the first model pouch, with the loop that will fit over the stock of the carbine. It wasn't intentionally designed for that, but it was often worn that way. The second model pouch would fit either 2 carbine 15-rd mags or 2 8-rd Garand clips and had 2 smaller loops and wouldn't go around the stock.

Ah interesting informations, thank you for the help gents. Really appreciate the help.
    I guess this pouch is becoming my new target collection. I hope i can get it again in the future.