Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1916 Fink 1911A1 Holster

Article about: Hi All, I was at one of my local gun shops yesterday and came across a M1916 holster in mid-grade condition (The imprinted US was worn down, but still legible). I looked at the reverse and s

?

Default M1916 Fink 1911A1 Holster

Hi All,
    I was at one of my local gun shops yesterday and came across a M1916 holster in mid-grade condition (The imprinted US was worn down, but still legible). I looked at the reverse and saw the manufacturer was Fink and that there was no date.

I initially dismissed it as I never heard of the manufacturer (Boyt and Sears are the ones that always stand out in my mind) however it stuck in my head and when I got home, I immediately looked online to find out Fink was one of the rarer holster manufacturers.

Any idea on the quantities they produced? Also, what would be a good price to pay? And finally, should I be concerned that it is not dated? The minimal information I was able to dig up online mentions a date imprint, but I know this is not always the case with every holster. Looking at and holding the holster, I'm confident it is authentic as it has the right feel and look for 60 year old leather. In addition, the patina on the metal parts is also consistent.

I know pictures are always valuable in assessing cost, however most gun shops around here don't allow you to bring a phone in their shop let alone take pictures of their merchandise (And don't get me wrong, I agree with the phone policy as it's real annoying to have to hear someone else’s conversation).

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: M1916 Fink 1911A1 Holster

i would say between 45-75 dollars,,without a date it may be hard to place production year,,might be worth it to pick it up if you can,,,

?

Default Re: M1916 Fink 1911A1 Holster

Thanks for the info! I've done some more research and found it is common that the Fink holsters do not contain a date imprint....Also reading a lot about them being quite rare. I plan on taking a trip there today to pick it up if the price is right!