MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M59 vietnam pouch

Article about: Here are the rest.

Default M59 vietnam pouch

Just ordered this from a online shop, they say that, its original, what do you guys think?
    Best regards
    nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M59 vietnam pouch   M59 vietnam pouch  

M59 vietnam pouch  

Default Re: M59 vietnam pouch

i should be getting this pouch in the next few days, and i wonder, is it possible finding outthe history of the item, if it was really in battle, where, and who had it, using the serial numbers?
    best regards
    nuno

The date of manufacture or contract is in the last line starting with DSA.......
    The date is the two digit number, but I cannot read it. Canvas Viet Nam era web gear is the Model 1956 pattern. The U.S. switched to nylon in 1967, hence the Model 1967 pattern gear.

This is the Universal Pouch for either two M14 20 round rifle magazines or for the M16 for two 20 round magazines and straps on each side for two baseball or lemon type grenades. I have a mint unissued pair dated 1962, and a mint unissued pair of nylon M67 pouches dated 1968. Didn't think anyone had an interest in this stuff. I do!!

Hi, its finallly arrived, its has a few holes, and its very worn but still very nice, however the serial numbers are almost vanished because of the use as the photos will show.
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M59 vietnam pouch   M59 vietnam pouch  

M59 vietnam pouch  

Notice that in photos below, the serial number have almost vanished and are unreadable

M59 vietnam pouch  

Since the colour has faded, the pouch now looks brown
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M59 vietnam pouch  
    Last edited by António Fragoeiro; 03-29-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Guys, give me your opinions, if possible.

Best regards
    Nuno

ILH
    ?

I'm only beginning to get 'serious' about US cold war webbing, but looks good and complete to me...... you can't fake wear like that.

A UV light might show the numbers up, but thet won't tell you more than type, maker and year- no sevice history (if only it were so- what could my collection tell me?!).
    Jim.

It's nice, it appears to be very early Viet Nam or maybe earlier, Chances are you won't be able to tell who had it or where it's been. I wish my little collection would tell me where it's been too. I like that pouch though, it's got character.

Mike

Default Re: M56 vietnam pouch & Gear Part 1

Here are some examples of U.S. Viet Nam era web gear. Model 1956 canvas versus Model 1967 Nylon. I have been fortunate to obtain very clean US web gear hear in the Motherland!! The M14 canvas single magazine pouches are somewhat scarce as is most of this gear in mint condition. The date of the contract or manufacture is in the line with the "DSA" number, consisting of a two digit number, such as E-62 for 1962 or -68- for 1968. The bayonets are the M6 for the M14 Rifle and M7 for the M16 Rifle. There were two models of scabbards for the M8A1, one with a reinforced tip and the earlier one without. For the M7, M16 Bayonet, "BOC" was the first contractor in 1964 to make the knife. I bought a bunch that came out of surplus from the marine base in California for $17.00 each in mint condition. The combat suspenders were still tied together with string, the Model 56 and Model 67. Got them actually at work that came in as surplus from the US Government, that we obtained for use at a State level. Mark

M59 vietnam pouch   M59 vietnam pouch  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast