Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mark V gas mask

Article about: by ruddersrangers44 Iv'e always known these as the AVON NO4 army gas mask and was only used by the armed services?wasn,t the ARP mask issued to all non combat roles?........Jake. Not just Av

Default Mark V gas mask

Hi mates.I found this nice gas mask in an auction.I just want to know if this set with the ointment and the antidimming stick are army issue,'cause the description says ''WW2 HOME FRONT / CIVIL DEFENCE GAS MASK''.Many thanksMark V gas maskMark V gas maskMark V gas mask

Default Re: Mark V gas mask

Hi there,it could be military or civilian use,the design is the same,there are just variations in whether the rubber mask has a khaki material covering,like the tube on your one.Some have the material on both parts(these are mostly military)some have none and others a mix!! Leon.

As has already been said, the MkV was used both by members of the armed forces, and just about anyone else including the police, ambulance, fire service and civilians. The earlier masks with the khaki material covering the facepieces were designated as MkIV's, and yours which doesn't have the material covering the facepiece is designated as the MkV. As for the ointments that came with this mask, the green one is a military issue one, and the other is a civilian type (I think)

Nice piece, thanks for showing it

Thanks

Danny

I agree with the above. These were used by the military and on the home front, by policeman and fireman amongst others.

Thanks mates for the good words.I think that i should pass it because i want a purely military WW2 british gas mask!!

I dont want a civilian issue gas mask on my British soldier

This is fine for your collection. All the items shown are military issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just bought it.I am very happy.I was waiting for this monent for years.Now i have to find a ww2 dated gas mask bag

Iv'e always known these as the AVON NO4 army gas mask and was only used by the armed services?wasn,t the ARP mask issued to all non combat roles?........Jake.

I have a few spare ones knocking about at home, although they are in rather rough condition. Glad you got it though, its a nice little grouping

Thanks

Danny

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast