Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Metal Detecting find in Somerset ......

Article about: Can anyone please tell me what this came from ?? I found it in a field in Somerset.

fosterp
    ?

Default Metal Detecting find in Somerset ......

Can anyone please tell me what this came from ?? I found it in a field in Somerset.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Metal Detecting find in Somerset ......   Metal Detecting find in Somerset ......  

Hi Fosterp..I turned your images for a better view. Someone will be along shortly to help you identify this tag. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That tag looks like it could be a leftover from Operation Tiger around the Slapton Sands area in April '44
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

fosterp
    ?

Quote by Alan M View Post
    That tag looks like it could be a leftover from Operation Tiger around the Slapton Sands area in April '44

It was found in a field in Stoford in Somerset right next to the mainline railway which connects London to Exeter, Cardiff, Paignton...

I'm assuming it's from a machine gun mount but I don't know what the serial numbers mean ???

NCA
    ?

Its the data plate off a Machine gun mount for either a 30 or a 50 calibre gun.The maker is General ??? corporation. ORD/DEPT is Ordnance Department.