Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mk IV gas mask find Finally

Article about: Hi mates.Some hours ago i won finally one MKIV gas mask for only 10 euros.I thought to share it with you.Seller says that is dated 1937.The filter should be a war time one Annoyed from this

Default Mk IV gas mask find Finally

Hi mates.Some hours ago i won finally one MKIV gas mask for only 10 euros.I thought to share it with youMk IV gas mask find Finally.Seller says that is dated 1937.The filter should be a war time one

Default Re: Mk IV gas mask find Finally

Well done, that is a really great price.
    Try to get a matching canvas carrier, it will look fantastic.

Cheers
    Nuno

I ordered one from Vicky but it hasn't arrive yet because of postal problems! I have other stuff though,such as Anti-Gas ointment No2 in a jar and in tubes(the last is a gift from my friend Douglas) and antidimming stick.I am looking now for a pair of eyeshields

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    I ordered one from Vicky but it hasn't arrive yet because of postal problems! I have other stuff though,such as Anti-Gas ointment No2 in a jar and in tubes(the last is a gift from my friend Douglas) and antidimming stick.I am looking now for a pair of eyeshields
    I forgot, these old mask filters contain asbestos, you should isolate and seal the air vents of the filter.
    If not they it can be really dangerous to your health.

Nuno i know that all pre-1956 filters contain asbestos.The british filters contains especially blue asbestos.I was told by Ade that if I dont breath in with the mask and I dont swing the filter this will be OK from my health.Of course you are right I must seal the filters by "dipping'' them in a solution of water and white PVA wood qlue

Nuno i know that all pre-1956 filters contain asbestos.The british filters contains especially blue asbestos.I was told by Ade that if I dont breath in with the mask and I dont swing the filter this will be OK from my health.Of course you are right I must seal the filters by "dipping'' them in a solution of water and white PVA wood qlue
    Indeed, follow Ade`s advice. But also seal the air vents.
    Its an extra protection. I have done it on my 1942 example.
    Anyway, a great find.

Cheers
    Nuno

Hi mates.I have a small problem with my purchase.I won the auction 3 days ago but the seller havent added the postage to the price yet.I remember that in his previous messages told me that he was working hard now... What you suggest me to do?Many Thanks

Not all pre-1956 filters contain asbestos, and asbestos was still being used in the 1960's in some cases. Also please bear in mind that asbestos is not the only thing that has been used in filters that can damage your health, there are plenty of other things in old expired and degraded filters that won't do you any good at all. From that the best rule to go by is to not breath through filters that are expired, or you don't know the history of.

With regards to sealing the filter, you don't need to dip the whole thing in a water and PVA mixture, just pour small amounts into the filters inlet and outlet holes and take your time with it

Hi mates.I have a small problem with my purchase.I won the auction 3 days ago but the seller havent added the postage to the price yet.I remember that in his previous messages told me that he was working hard now... What you suggest me to do?Many Thanks
    I think the best bet would be to be patient with him if he's given you a reason for a delay, however if it drags out for any longer than a week you should ask him to either sort it out ASAP or give you a full refund..... at least that's what I would do.

Thanks

Danny

Thanks Danny but i havent pay yet