Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MkIV and MKV gas respirators

Article about: Hi everybody, i have not long recieved these masks with packs, and was thinking of listing them here in the classifieds, but i have no real idea what they go for these days as it must be 10

Default MkIV and MKV gas respirators

Hi everybody, i have not long recieved these masks with packs, and was thinking of listing them here in the classifieds, but i have no real idea what they go for these days as it must be 10 odd years since the last time i sold one.
    I do hate asking the "whats it worth" question as i think its a little rude, but the only ones i can find for sale in the UK are on main dealers websites and they seem to be very high priced.
    could anyone give me a fair market price for them?

the MKV repirator is 1941 dated
    W&G (warling and gilbow ltd) 1941 pack MKVI in good condition with various contents as can be seen

the respirator is mk IV and dated all over 1941
    MkVI pack is missing its shoulder strap, but otherwise in good nick, is a W&G (warling and gilbow ltd) 1941.
    this one has no other contents

These are both "as found" and have come to me amongst various other mask via house clearance auctions, so they havent been pva glued yet for the asbestos in the filters, and will be sold as such.

Any help greatly appriciated as always!
    Ed

NCA
    ?

The first one I reckon around £50-60...the other one around £30.

Thats a tough one to call,everyday is differant so to speak,complete sets can reach £60 however the masks on there own dont attract hardly any interest as i found out when my mask (second type in your pics) went for just £7 on ebay,so would concentrate on the set and just throw in the other as a bonus to attract more buyers..............

horrible bloody things,give me nightmares for years as a tot -to-teenage.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    horrible bloody things,give me nightmares for years as a tot -to-teenage.
    Christ, you must be old.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks guys, Ill get them in the WRF classifieds today