Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MKIV Respirator with early filter

Article about: Hi, I just bought this 1940 dated respirator to go with my collection of Home Front Observer Corps items. I think it is a MKIV as I cannot see the microphone socket and it has the early khak

Default MKIV Respirator with early filter

Hi, I just bought this 1940 dated respirator to go with my collection of Home Front Observer Corps items. I think it is a MKIV as I cannot see the microphone socket and it has the early khaki painted filter. If I'm wrong please correct me as gas masks are not my speciality!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKIV Respirator with early filter   MKIV Respirator with early filter  

Nice set!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice set Leon,they changed over sometime in 1940,this would be one of the last stockinet covered masks without mircophone piece,also changing from brown/khaki painted filter to red,great condition item,did you buy it on the bay?.............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice set Leon,they changed over sometime in 1940,this would be one of the last stockinet covered masks without mircophone piece,also changing from brown/khaki painted filter to red,great condition item,did you buy it on the bay?.............
    Hi Jake, I did not get this one off the bay, it was on a dealers site (CS MILITARIA). As it was a nice early one I was prepared to pay a little more than the average and it has the owners details with it. Leon.

Thanks Leon for the clarification,was gonn'a say how did this get through without being tugged off the bay with there hard line asbestos rules,glad you got that bit better than average period original item,sometimes this is the better way to go.............

NCA
    ?

Wouldn't this be a 'private purchase' type mask?I don't know if Siebe Gorman made these for general issue?....Nice set all the same.

Also, are evilbay really pulling respirators?Theres always loads on there...

Nice set up and good to see all the parts stayed together over the years

?

That is a great one and looks like the hose and mask have not suffered from time at all.
    Nice addition. Congrats
    Semper Fi
    Phil