Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My British holster :D

Article about: I have just acquired this little guy from a little thrift store for \\$10 Any thoughts on this little guy? I am pretty sure it is a Tank crew holster, but I am not sure of the year....

Default My British holster :D

I have just acquired this little guy from a little thrift store for $10 Any thoughts on this little guy? I am pretty sure it is a Tank crew holster, but I am not sure of the year....

My British holster :D My British holster :D My British holster :D My British holster :D

And yes, it is very similar to the one I have posted on here some time ago.

You got a real bargain! Yes, tankers issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A great price for the RAC long drop holster, very nice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Brilliant find and in lovely condition!

You lucky devil, $10? It's in great condition too and with its original long strap. I have one that has had this strap shortened as I believe many tankers at the time felt it made them cumbersome to wear.

?

Great find Julekpl!

It looks like it is definitely British manufacture with that snap. It was made by one of the smaller firms, since MECo and M.W.&S.LTD. made the thigh strap out of one piece rather than two. You might consider picking up a cheap, blancoed P08 brace & buckle and making up the strap the goes around the thigh (they were 28 or 32 inches in length).

I was just in St. Augustine a few weeks ago...wish I had spotted something this cool.

The only thing I saw there was a P37 waterbottle carrier in similar condition marked "B.H.&G.1940."

Very nice find, not one I have - I only have the Pixie suit to go with your holster