Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first british canteen

Article about: Hi all! Got my first british one. Is it good, what type and so? Im completly clueless on the british items. Cheers to all Annoyed from this ads?  

Default My first british canteen

Hi all! Got my first british one. Is it good, what type and so? Im completly clueless on the british items. Cheers to all

My first british canteenMy first british canteenMy first british canteenMy first british canteenMy first british canteen

Hi, the webbing cradle does not look to be British, the canteen however looks to be WW1 British due to the blue enamel paint and the light brown coloured cover, can you tell me what the other end of the cork cord is attached to?

Cheers
    Harry

Damn, was hoping it to be WW2. Its attached to i dont know lol. Its under the cover.

WW1 canteens are more scares and cost more than WW2, if the cord is attached to the cover and not a metal ring attached to the canteen then it is ww1, if attached to a ring on the cantten then WW2. However the cord does resemble one which i had on a WW1 canteen.

?

Have a look at this excellent thread on blue MKVI and VII water bottles Distinguishing Cobalt Blue Mk VI and Mk VII Water-Bottles

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    Have a look at this excellent thread on blue MKVI and VII water bottles Distinguishing Cobalt Blue Mk VI and Mk VII Water-Bottles

Tony

Thank you for this thread, i will check on my canteen

NCA
    ?

Canteen?!!

Water bottle, please!

?

The cradle reminds me of the leather cavalry pattern.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Great waterbottle LeonardoL!

I am fairly certain it is a WWII-vintage Canadian-made waterbottle. WWII Canadian waterbottles look very similar to the WWI pattern, except for the fact that they have a wire loop soldered to the shoulder of the bottle (under the cover).

The harness doesn't look factory made, but rather makeshift out of spare US-type webbing...

Quote by karkee View Post
    Great waterbottle LeonardoL!

I am fairly certain it is a WWII-vintage Canadian-made waterbottle. WWII Canadian waterbottles look very similar to the WWI pattern, except for the fact that they have a wire loop soldered to the shoulder of the bottle (under the cover).

The harness doesn't look factory made, but rather makeshift out of spare US-type webbing...

You Sir are right. Its on the left shoulder. But damn, i was hoping it was British.