Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My lot of Web Pattern 08 Supporting Straps

Article about: I have several one inch support straps and i believe they had many uses (The top two straps are WW1 era i believe, one is dated 1919) Was interested to know what the two unusual straps at th

Default My lot of Web Pattern 08 Supporting Straps

I have several one inch support straps and i believe they had many uses
    (The top two straps are WW1 era i believe, one is dated 1919)
    Was interested to know what the two unusual straps at the bottom of my lot are...
    A 26cm strap with the extra mid buckle and an extended stitched together 41cm strap below.

pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My lot of Web Pattern 08 Supporting Straps  

AIF
    ?

Hi Pete the very bottom strap with the extra buckle is a WW2 Aussie made bedroll strap.

Cheers Luke.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My lot of Web Pattern 08 Supporting Straps   My lot of Web Pattern 08 Supporting Straps  

Thanks Luke, I just got 1943 blanket recently so i'll roll it up with that! Just need another one for a pair.

pete

AIF
    ?

No worries mate and good luck with your search... A full blanket won't fit though, well it will but it will be really tight.
    A half blanket was what was used with a spare pair of clothes and socks inside it, then it was all rolled up inside a ground sheet.

Cheers Luke.

?

I was going to say that the extra long strap might be for use with utility pouches...but it could really be for anything, I suppose.

Great collection, by the way...

Hey Pete now I see what you meant by the BR strap, not something I have in the junk pile!