Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My nephew bought this...

Article about: My nephew bought this at a militaria antique store. I'm guessing it's a rifle grenade. Does it look like a repro or a minty example? Thanks for the help!

Default My nephew bought this...

My nephew bought this at a militaria antique store. I'm guessing it's a rifle grenade. Does it look like a repro or a minty example? Thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My nephew bought this...   My nephew bought this...  

My nephew bought this...   My nephew bought this...  

Default Re: My nephew bought this...

Looks like a Repro to me. This link may help.............http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...mSzSBOBV5d7V0Q....................

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I know the grenade is for sure. 'RFX' are practice type bodies, but this one
    likely made offshore - Still a nice find if the price was ok.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I would say that the rifle mount is definitely a repro, while the grenade itself may be a real modern deact grenade, but certainly not WWII vintage.

Compare the top of my WWII vintage grenade to your Nephew's:

My nephew bought this...

I think he paid around $50 USD. I'm not familiar with the prices on such items. Personally, I would not have paid that much but that's just me.

?

I dont think thats such a bad price, a repro grenade here can cost £40 let alone that launcher

Still makes a nice conversation piece!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The coolest part is his mother actually bought it for him! That's one cool mom
    And he is only 12 so he has no concept of money, just that he really liked the piece. It put a giant smile on his face, and you can't put a price tag on that. A young collector in the making.