Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My USMC/USN Cammo

Article about: Hello everyone, Just thought that I'd show some photos of my USMC como gear. Not a big collection but off to a good start I think. The coveralls are for a tall marine, at least six feet I th

?

Default My USMC/USN Cammo

Hello everyone,

Just thought that I'd show some photos of my USMC como gear. Not a big collection but off to a good start I think. The coveralls are for a tall marine, at least six feet I think (sorry, no scale in the photo to give an indication of the large size). The helmet is fixed bail with tan suspension Westinghouse liner and with original cover. Its salty looking but in good condition.....even has what looks to be a field repair (black thread) to the strap. I purchased this helmet at a flea market when I was a kid by in the early 1970s.

I have two ponchos in my collection. One is USN marked and the other is USMC. I don't know a great deal about these but preliminary research suggests that the USN-marked poncho could have been used by a corpsman or perhaps a Marine. Also, this example does not have grommets in corners which suggests that it was manufactured 1942-1943; grommets were part of the 1944-45 pattern from what I've read. The USN example was manufactured by S. WOLBARSHT & CO . This poncho is very stiff, but otherwise in good condition. The USMC-marked poncho, which is nice and pliable, was made by the Walker Company. Thanks for taking a look and I appreciate your comments.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My USMC/USN Cammo   My USMC/USN Cammo  

My USMC/USN Cammo   My USMC/USN Cammo  

My USMC/USN Cammo  

Great bits here Tom!
    I'm probably incorrect, but the overalls look to have Japanese replacement buttons?
    It was common for Marines to be issued USN ponchos.
    Cheers for showing.

I think the USN poncho contract is NXSS 35397? which dates approx to 8-1943

MAP
    ?

Very nice assortment of camo!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RMD
    ?

nice collection, hftiii.............

.........................Thanks' for posting the photos.

Great to see this USMC camo.

?

Thanks everyone for your comments. Rene, I appreciate the information about the buttons and the poncho. I did n't realize that the buttons were Japanese. Of course we will never know but it would be fascinating to know when and where they were applied.

Tom