Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My WW1 Bino Collection

Article about: Hello all, Have dug out a few of our Binocular collection today and decided they deserved to go on display so thought id share them with you. These were impulse buys, and just items i have s

Default My WW1 Bino Collection

Hello all,

Have dug out a few of our Binocular collection today and decided they deserved to go on display so thought id share them with you. These were impulse buys, and just items i have stumbled across. However, i am beginning to enjoy collecting the different designs. First up are a few group photos then i will post individually to show you them close up.

Hope you like them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 Bino Collection   My WW1 Bino Collection  

My WW1 Bino Collection  

Default Re: My WW1 Bino Collection

First up is my newest addition which was an early birthday present from Vic. 1916 dated with double broad arrow markings made by T.French & Sons in London. No markings on the binoculars unfortunately but the clear markings on the case make up for that in my eyes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 Bino Collection   My WW1 Bino Collection  

Secondly are these named ones. I dont know if the photo shows the markings clearly but they say: Sgt Hinds. 2 1/2 and the handle is marked W.Swart. The bino's themselves are marked Mk5 wide 25630 on one of the barrels and the broad arrow on the other.

Next are these French Made RAF marked Binoculars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 Bino Collection  

These little ones have always fascinated me. On one Barrel is enscribed: Lent By. And on the other Barrel: Wm Mc McPhail, Kathereen, Scotstounhill, N.S.L, N 1113.

The eye rings are marked Lemaire Fabi , Paris. Can anyone provide more information on these?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 Bino Collection  

its very hard for me to identify if a binocular is ww2 i think i have let some good pieces pass by... any tips? :/

These next ones are marked Army & Navy. I assume they are WW1 but may be corrected. Vic picked these up at a local bootsale for 20p. Nice bino's and the lenses are in great condition. Shame the case is a tatty but adds to the character.

Last but by no means least are these German Binoculars. They are marked: C.P Goerz. Berlin Wien. 6 x Helinax. No case but nice strap that appears to be original to them. Pretty sure they are first world war period but again i can be corrected.

My WW1 Bino Collection  

And that's it for now. I have about 5 or 6 sets at my parents which i photograph on the weekend and add including a nice set marked Royal Scots S.A which i assume stands for South Africa thus putting them in the Boer War time frame. Hope you liked them and i'm appreciative of any comments/info on them.

I love the named one. We need to get onto trying to research the owner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast