Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help! Canadian relics in Germany

Article about: Hi all, I am a TV researcher who works for the series War Junk, for the Canadian History Channel. I am trying to find Canadian relics from the Second World War which are connected to Operati

Default Need Help! Canadian relics in Germany

Hi all,

I am a TV researcher who works for the series War Junk, for the Canadian History Channel.

I am trying to find Canadian relics from the Second World War which are connected to Operation Veritable and battles fought around the Reichswald and Hochwald.

Our absolute goal is to find an item with a name or service number that we could then trace to a soldier and then that soldier's family.

If you have an item like this or now someone in Germany (close to Kleve, Uedem, or Goch) who either digs or has a small museum in that area I would very much like to speak with them.

Thank you so much for your time,

Tim

CBH
    ?

Welcome to the forum Tim , I enjoy your show and find it very well done . Might I suggest you provide a link also repost this in the Diggers section . You should find someone here to help , this is a friendly forum with many world class collectors and researchers . Good luck in you quest and again welcome to the forum .

Hi CBH,

Thank you for your suggestions and for letting me know you like the show.

Here are some clips on our YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj5...OfTYCuYACtHFxg

CBH
    ?

It always helps to show your product , especially if it is well produced like yours . I'm sure you'll find people here to help . I'll keep an eye on this tread and give it a bump if you don't get early replies . Good luck .

?

I very much like your show also!!

Dean O
    Canada

CBH
    ?

Hi Tim , I ask a Belgian collector friend but he didn't know of any collector in Germany .
    But I'll try to bump this tread until you get some replies . Good luck

?

There is a member of the Canadian Militaria Collectors Forum named Haplo who might be able to help you...

Question about Canadian WWII Mess Tins... - Page 4

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the help Karkee , I really hope we can help him out . He makes great shows , from a Canadian perspective , which is rare .

Thank you all for your kind words, suggestions, and offers of help.

We are going to be shooting two new episodes this year. We have settled on Market Garden for the first and we would like to do Operation Veritable/Blockbuster for the second - but we can only do this if we find a personal item around the Rhine.

Fingers crossed we find it, I'll be sure to keep this forum updated as our project progresses.

Tim

CBH
    ?

Just wanted to give this thread a weekend bump , hoping you find someone to help out .