Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying gas mask

Article about: I recently acquired this gas mask for £10, and is one of my first buys as I have recently become interested in war relics, however I need help identifying it, I have included pictures from a

Default Need help identifying gas mask

I recently acquired this gas mask for £10, and is one of my first buys as I have recently become interested in war relics, however I need help identifying it, I have included pictures from a number of angles, as well as the bag that I bought it in, however I have no idea whether the gas mask fits the bag. As I have shown in one of the pictures, there is a notation on the gas mask itself which says 7/9/44, presumably indicating the date it was produced or distributed? On the filter it says 12/10/50, pherhaps indicating it being replaced, or perhaps just the seller using a newer, similar filter in place of a lost of broken older one, anyway, here are the pictures,
    Many thanks for taking the time to help,
    JacobNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas maskNeed help identifying gas mask

Hi Jacob, and welcome to the forum! You have a British Lightweight Anti Gas Respirator.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Try a lightweight airborne gas mask!

Welcome Jacob. Adrian is of course correct, this is a British lightweight respirator, the standard issue gasmask of the British army in the later part of the war (though the older hose type continued to be used too). It woulds appear that the filter has been replaced postwar. The bag is the correct type.

Kfssir, these were not just issued to airborne troops, but were on general issue.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks, you never stop learning!

Paul