Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP!!! Trying to find some pictures of GIs using medic suspenders

Article about: I need help finding some pics of GI infantry in the ETO using medic suspenders. I already have a few pics but would like to find some more before doing it for my impression. Anything would b

Default NEED HELP!!! Trying to find some pictures of GIs using medic suspenders

I need help finding some pics of GI infantry in the ETO using medic suspenders. I already have a few pics but would like to find some more before doing it for my impression. Anything would be of big help.

Thank you

Default Re: NEED HELP!!! Trying to find some pictures of GIs using medic suspenders

Hi Ranger,
    When you say suspenders do you mean what we call Braces, ie to hold up your trousers ( pants )
    if so i will have a look for some pics.
    dave.

Default Re: NEED HELP!!! Trying to find some pictures of GIs using medic suspenders

Hi Panzer3,
    Sortof they were used to hold the medic equipment bags, but some GIs would use them to hold their ammo belts/pistol belts. Here is a pic of what one looks like.. I'll see if I can upload one of my pics to help out.

Thank You
    Mike

Hi Ranger,
    these are what we call webbing, it would be called a webbing yoke over here, now i know what to look for thanks.
    dave.

Hi Panzer3,
    Here is one of the pics I have of a GI wearing a medic yoke.
    Thanks dave.
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP!!! Trying to find some pictures of GIs using medic suspenders  

maybe this is a dumb question, but there were more reporters during the Korean war & since nearly all the gear was left over from ww2? it's worth a try. I have bought a lot of U.S. equipment from the Korean war with ww2 dates on them & got them a lot cheaper.

WW2 US Medical Research Centre :: Homepage

Post your question on this Forum and you should get plenty of help...