Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Items for my collection

Article about: Hey guys i wanted to show you the new items i picked up recently at a military show, Picked up a rough Mk III Gas mask, A nice condition Shell Dressing bag, Mint Unissued RCAF Wedge, And ver

Default New Items for my collection

Hey guys i wanted to show you the new items i picked up recently at a military show, Picked up a rough Mk III Gas mask, A nice condition Shell Dressing bag, Mint Unissued RCAF Wedge, And very nice pair of R.E.L Binoculars with the case, last but not least my mystery revolver holster that i need help identifying, i think its for a Webley Revolver, i think it could possibly be WW1 but im unsure, any help is greatly appreciated
    New Items for my collectionNew Items for my collectionNew Items for my collectionNew Items for my collection

A nice group of items! The holster looks like it may indeed be WWI pattern. That type was also used commonly by the Home Guard during the Second World War. If that is indeed what it is, it would fit the .455-calibre Webley rather than the .38/200 model.

Also, just in case you're not aware, those gas masks contain blue asbestos. Exercise extreme caution with them, and avoid any with damaged filters. If it's intact, it's safe to display. I always tape the filters on mine, just in case.

Regards, B.B.

Thanks for the warning