Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

No4 MkII* bayonet question

Article about: I think i can see a K right to the S.I am not sure for the P i said before ''cause it's something like this '')''

Default No4 MkII* bayonet question

Hi mates.Today i received my No4 MkII bayonet made by VNS(Viners Ltd Sheffield) and scabbard made by S.286 (Vanden Plas (Eng) 1923 Ltd). I noticed that at the one side the letter N has gone.I think from the time.Also under the number 0 there is a small line.Is this normal or i should worry about that.(Sorry but i cant post pictures,'cause my camera cant focus to the markings.Many thanks for your time and help

Default Re: No4 MkII* bayonet question

No, it's nothing to worry about, some did have a line under the small 'o' in the No.4 MKII* marking.

I've added a pic of one of mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No4 MkII* bayonet question  
    Last edited by Time Bandit; 05-28-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Add picture

Thanks mate.I just noticed something else.My bayonet is marked a bit to the left than yours.What do you thinkNo4 MkII* bayonet question(the No4 MkII* stamp there is where i am showing with the pencil)Thanks

Once again I'd say it was nothing to worry about - I don't have a VNS one to compare with but it's not something that would really bother me if the marking was there.
    No4 MKII & MKII* spikes are still so plentiful and cheap 'n' cheerful that I can't imagine anyone faking 'em for a few years yet, the No4 MKI is a different matter though!
    So I'd say it's just fine so go and enjoy it!

Ok then.I didn't thought that is a fake.I was thought for a mis-stamp.Somethink last.As i wrote before only one line of the letter N.Is it possible that has faded?Thanks again

Highly possible it's worn away over the years - I have some where the markings are all but invisible.

Mate i put the marking at the sunlight and i think that i managed to see the letter N

Yeh, you can do that sometimes - I've a Savage one a bit like that, if you just look at it you can hardly make anything out but catch the light right and you can see the markings...just!

I think I have a couple No.4 Mk.II /II* Bayonets that seemed to have never been marked? Considering the amount of machine marks still left on them, not sure if the markings would even be able to be seen?
    Mark

Thanks mates,I have a query though.Do you know when the spike's bayonet production finished(I think 1945 with the end of war).Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast