Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

No4 MkII* bayonet question

Article about: I think i can see a K right to the S.I am not sure for the P i said before ''cause it's something like this '')''

Default Re: No4 MkII* bayonet question

I think i can see a K right to the S.I am not sure for the P i said before ''cause it's something like this '')''

?

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    Thanks for the help mate.So under the No4 MKII* i can recognise a ''I'' dont know what stands for.At the left i can see a S and left to this an incomplete P or something like this.In any case,if i cant finnaly see the maker that destroys the history value of the bayonet?Many Thanks
    No, no, it certainly doesn't destroy the historical value at all, it's just the way it is. It could be a P-S & S? Check the site and Mr. Cobb describes and shows the variations of their markings.

The No.4 bayonets are fascinating in their many small (and sometimes large) variations. I have never seen one that I didn't like. At present my "collection" of No.4 bayonets only numbers about 25 but no two are alike and I try to find more when I can. Many of my examples were purchased at a time when they cost $1 each and often sat in buckets on a dealer' table gathering dust. Now, they sell for more but are still reasonably priced and are fun to sort through.

I can say that its )PK (the first might be a P as i looked to the manufacturers)

25 No4 bayonets!!!!!That's abig score

?

There were more......

And will be again!

Lucky man.Unfortunatly after i heared that Royal Mail wont anymore be able to send bayonets from UK i wont be able to purchase another bayonet online

?

Woodpecker, there are plenty available in countries other than Britain. Example; US Mail has a problem shipping, at least not domestically. How is the postal system in Greece?

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    I can say that its )PK (the first might be a P as i looked to the manufacturers)
    It's P S K for Prince-Smith & Stells Ltd., Keighley. They have a few variations of their markings, usually involving P.S.K (various versions/styles of this), P.S & S Ltd and their dispersal code of N56.

The postal system in Greece is a bit ''slow'' but reliable.Time Bandit thank you for the info

?

Good info Time Bandit.

Woodpecker, try here:

Springfield Sporters, Inc.

That is the No.4 Enfield rifle parts page at Springfield Sporters. Most are of no interest in this discussion of course but you may find parts #s 67, 67A and 67B of interest. Parts #73 may be of interest as well.

They are a good company and have been reliably supplying parts and accoutrements to the American market (and foreign as well) for over 50 years. I have had nothing but satisfaction with purchases made there, condition is always accurately described. Sadly, though, no scabbards.

And still trying for a photo I promised earlier.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast