Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Odd 37 pattern pistol holster, British made, Lift the Dot.....?

Article about: Picked up this holster a while ago, but I'm still none the wiser as to what it is exactly......? It is mint, unissued. Marked "Warring & Gillow (1932) Ltd" "1943". Ma

all I can add is I have a US first aid pouch British made that has a "lift the dot" snap.
    Sorry I'm not really helping much

ILH
    ?

No worries Rene, lovely example with great markings.... Thanks for showing it as I don't have any UK made US kit and it helps others see where my confusion is coming from.

?

I have a canvas pistol ammunition pouch some where but with a British popper.

?

There was a canvas holster for the 1942 battle jerkin of this design, made in brown canvas, with a lift the dot. I made some repro' s many years ago, however I did put cleaning rod fixture on the inside. The original Battle Jerkin drawings show a canvas holster with toggle fixture the same the jacket however, this never appears to have been adopted.

Nige
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

ILH
    ?

Thanks Nige, that seems to be the closest thing anyone can think of.... I'll have to keep an eye out for period photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2