Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!!

Article about: AS we all know, we can come across some really oddball Military items, I have bought some strange stuff over the years, however this is one of the oddest!!! This is a 1941 dated British made

?

Default This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!!

AS we all know, we can come across some really oddball Military items, I have bought some strange stuff over the years, however this is one of the oddest!!!
    This is a 1941 dated British made Military Horse Gas Mask, I didn't know they made them in WW2
    As you can see it is in unused condition.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!!This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!!This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!!This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!!

LOVE IT!!
    i think you have just thrown a spanner in the works for those amongst us that though we had finished the gas mask collection!

Well thats a first for me! We need to see some period photos of it in wear!!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!!  This is the Oddest Piece of WW2 Equipment I have ever Bought!!! 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

If you'd tried to get that on my old horse he'd of bitten your face off! Alas, gone long since to Bostik UK Ltd.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

World War 2: A horse wearing a newly designed gas mask, demonstrated by the national Animals Air Raid Precautions Committee. March 12, 1941.
    In Pictures: gas mask gallery - Telegraph

I want a dog one

Unique find in great condition. Owning horses myself to use for work on the ranch I would pay good money to watch the first time someone tried strapping this to a horses head. Most likely took a few attempts for them to become comfortable with it hanging off there face. Also means it maybe wasn't the most practice for use. Would need to break in each horse one at a time with this so if it was needed they wouldn't spook at the idea of wearing it.

?

Interesting stuff guys!!, Still mine is different than the British one shown, on mine the horse would draw air through the 2 vents on either side where the nose goes in, unlike the one shown where the air is drawn in from the bottom.
    I think its a neat piece, but not my thing..just saw it so I made a deal for it.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Nice find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast