Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Henry Potter & Co 1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth

Article about: Picked up this Original Henry Potter & Co 1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth Bugle today on the fea market and thought i would show it out of interest

Default Original Henry Potter & Co 1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth

Picked up this Original Henry Potter & Co 1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth Bugle today on the fea market and thought i would show it out of interest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Henry Potter & Co  1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth   Original Henry Potter & Co  1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth  

Original Henry Potter & Co  1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth   Original Henry Potter & Co  1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth  

Original Henry Potter & Co  1893 dated British Army E coy 1st VBDR Weymouth  

?

I don't know much about British items but shouldn't this have the broad arrow stamp to make it military . Gary

Hi Gary most items are arrow stamp not sure about items this early and not sure when the arrow stamp came into use ,well the item is unit marked also

?

Kradman I was just looking on the net and they have some good articles about British bugles. You should take a look . the Canadian Anglo boar museum has a good article about them . Gary

Thankyou I will take a look

Nice.

It should be remembered that volunteer battalions often supplied their own kit and also were a bit lax in following rules and regs so I see no problem with this being an original issue to E company, 1st Volunteer battalion of the Dorsetshire regiment.

Very nice, Potter were well known makers of military musical instruments, bugles and drums in particular.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you for clearing that up Jerry