Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

P-08 Entrenching tool

Article about: I have had this entrenching tool in my collection for a good many years and from everything I read it is called the pattern 1908 and it was based upon the ''Sirhand'' tool used by the Indian

?

Default P-08 Entrenching tool

I have had this entrenching tool in my collection for a good many years and from everything I read it is called the pattern 1908 and it was based upon the ''Sirhand'' tool used by the Indian Army. There was one distinct modification to the P-08 made pre WWI in 1911 the shape of the head was changed slightly and the ''eye'' through which the helve passes decreased in depth. Although in 1923 the entrenching tool was declared obsolete it was introduced again in 1941 and would continue to be used through out the war with one other distinct modification .The end of the helve was fitted with a steel ferrule at the one end during the later years of the war this was allow the spike bayonet from a No.4 rifle to be attached allowing the helve to be used as a mine probe. This particular model is manufacturer marked and dated 1943 I have included an image of a late war modified example with the steel ferrule and a P-37 carry case.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P-08 Entrenching tool   P-08 Entrenching tool  

P-08 Entrenching tool   P-08 Entrenching tool  

P-08 Entrenching tool   P-08 Entrenching tool  

Attached Images Attached Images P-08 Entrenching tool 

Default Re: P-08 Entrenching tool

Hi Mark, I have one by the same (unknown to me?) maker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P-08 Entrenching tool   P-08 Entrenching tool  

P-08 Entrenching tool  
    Attached Images Attached Images P-08 Entrenching tool 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for looking Adrian I as well have searched from time to time and I as well can not find who the manufacturer was any thoughts were I could find a carrier for the P-08 . As I am trying to complete a P-37 webbing with all the appropriate kit and I am having a hard time locating one.

Regards Mark K

My friend Ian should have them:

Sentimental Journey Ltd, British Militaria dealers

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Adrian I shall have a peak in a wee bit.

Regards Mark K