Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

P37 belt opinions

Article about: Hi mates.I just had a heart attack.My p37 belt was proved indian made as it's stamped B.S.C 1942.So i am looking for a Brit one.Opinions on this?Many Thanks

Default P37 belt opinions

Hi mates.I just had a heart attack.My p37 belt was proved indian made as it's stamped B.S.C 1942.So i am looking for a Brit one.Opinions on this?Many Thanks P37 belt opinionsP37 belt opinions

Default Re: P37 belt opinions

The one you show is a british made example by ME Co. (Mills Equipment Company) and is dated 1944. What is wrong with having the Indian made version, I would have it in my collection no problem and it would go nicely with my Indian made BD.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Personally speaking i think the rear buckles have been added.

It looks to me like the original buckles and tabs were removed for whatever reason then different ones have been re-stitched on.The webbing tabs are alot longer than on all of mine.The ones pictured are almost at the bottom edge of the belt.

I would leave it myself.

Look Jerry i am going to complete a ww2 Brit soldier.I want only British made items on he.NCA you are right.Thanks for the help mates.If you have in mind where can i find a small pack and a belt this will be great

NCA raised a very good point about the positioning of the rear buckles and is probably correct that they have been restored. Fair enough and there are plenty of web belts out there, have you tried this site? Britton at War

I have seen a 45 dated small pack for sale in one of the antique centers I visit, though I did not notice if it was there when I visited this week. I can have a look next time I go there, it was 1945 dated, in good condition apart from a stain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry this site has plenty of things i need thanks

unfortunatly i cant find a cheap belt or small pack

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    Look Jerry i am going to complete a ww2 Brit soldier.I want only British made items on he.NCA you are right.Thanks for the help mates.If you have in mind where can i find a small pack and a belt this will be great
    Do you have the uniform items yet, the tunic, a BD I assume, and the trousers and shirt? The boots are probably the hardest to get. Are you going for Greece, or France or the far east or what else and what date are you aiming for?

I don't have much webbing, but I do have 15 WWII tunics and two pairs of WWII trousers and one wartime shirt, though no boots yet. I have two sam brown belts and I'd like to build an officers display if I can. I need to get a webbing belt, though I am in Cardiff for work this coming week and a friend has a shop there and he had a number of them when last I visited him, so I might get one this week.
    Regards,

Jerry

I try to complete the basic gear.The uniform will go next