Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

P37 collection so far

Article about: just thought I'd share the start of my P37 webbing . There is a few pieces I grabbed because they were cheap and dont go with the colour I'm trying to get a set of like the blue water cover

cool picture

cool pic
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    Gaiters, gas mask bags / carriers, riffle slings, shell dressing bags, grenade pouches, wire cutter pouches, map cases, (some) pistol holsters, pistol magazine pouches etc. (the list is nearly endless) are not "patt. '37 webbing"... I know it is a technicality, and I might be shunned for bringing this to your attention, but I find it important to use the correct terms. If done persistently, we all have a collective frame of reference.
    Technically, the entrenching tool was not part of the P'37 either, see: Pattern 1937 Web Equipment

?

That's a great collection and those Australian 1944-dated gaiters are really something! Do you know the maker of the Australian basic pouches? Does the frog or waterbottle carrier have any markings?

-Mike

The first pouch has cartridge holders under the lid which are for grenade launcher ammunition for the lee enfield no1 mkiii, which are usually seen on early British MK1 basic pouches, which are very rare due to many being converted to mkII specification which are worn higher on the belt. However yours are Canadian manufactured which seem to be very common with cartridge holders. The large pack is also Canadian note the C with a broad arrow /|\ inside.

Harry

?

Good points Harry! Indian basic pouches also featured the loops throughout the war.

I really like the big Australian Government acceptance mark (D/|\D) on the back of you Aussie basic pouch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2