Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P37 frog

Article about: Hi mates!Few hours ago I realized that my collection lacks a simple but important item,a ww2 dated p37 frog.I found this few minutes ago.Is OK to fit my No4 MkII* bayonet because I was told

Default P37 frog

Hi mates!Few hours ago I realized that my collection lacks a simple but important item,a ww2 dated p37 frog.I found this few minutes ago.Is OK to fit my No4 MkII* bayonet because I was told by a friend that these were used to hang the WW1 british bayonet(I dont remember the name of the bayonet at the moment)?Many Thanks for your time and helpP37 frogP37 frog

Default Re: P37 frog

For the P07 bayonet-see below pic-this is for the SMLE/No.1 Mk III Rifle-the No.4 uses the spike type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P37 frog  

Yes this is the frog for the 1907 pattern bayonet. I have just tried fitting a no.4 spike bayonet into one of these and it goes in, but is not a very good fit, its rather loose.

Yes,you are right but my question is about the frog.I have seen some No4 bayonets at this type of frog

Ok Douglas,Thanks.So can you recomend me the right frog?

See these for various No.4 bayos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P37 frog   P37 frog  

Well this is my one. It seems to just be a 1907 pattern bayonet frog with a slit cut to accept the spike bayonet stud. I know there is also a leather tab that is designed to adapt the 1907 pattern frog to fit the spike bayonet, but I dont have one of those. There are several other types spike bayonet frog as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P37 frog  

Mates your stuff is wonderful but I cant manage to find a site or anything that sells one of these frogs.Any ideas?Thanks again

I know people here that sell it but Australia is a long way from Greece-there must be someone there who sells it-your country used the rifles for many years as did other European countries-try asking Adrian S.

Lithgow I can find p37 frogs at the flea markets but they are post war Greek copies.I will ask Ade.Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast