Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P37 large pack, named and unit marked

Article about: I have this on its way to me, 1944 dated with makers marks etc. Owner and unit marked as well which is why I bought it, as it was probably a bit more than they would go for. Marked to H.Q. S

Default P37 large pack, named and unit marked

I have this on its way to me, 1944 dated with makers marks etc.

Owner and unit marked as well which is why I bought it, as it was probably a bit more than they would go for.

Marked to H.Q. Sgt (or SGJ). 06 Jones 2/RWF, so for Headquarters Sergeant 06 Jones of the 2nd Bn the Royal Welch Fusiliers, who were in Burma at this time during the war, Arakan, Myitkyma etc...

Interestingly it is Marked 06 Jones which was used by the Welsh regiments to distinguish between so many men with the same surnames, and is the last two digits of his service number, sometimes they used three digits, especially for the OR's, but HQ Sergeants obviously only needed two! It is one of the accurate parts of the film ZULU when they mention the William's etc by their numbers and name.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P37 large pack, named and unit marked   P37 large pack, named and unit marked  

P37 large pack, named and unit marked   P37 large pack, named and unit marked  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice item Jerry,strange how you mention Arakan which is also where the chap served which im sending you.............Jake.

The RWF, the SWB and the Welch all had battalions that served in Burma and the Arakan area during WWII.

That is one of the reasons I am sure it is for the SWB and I look forward to it arriving and I really appreciate you sending it to me Jake.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice pick up Jerry the best part of course is that it can be identified to a specific Nco and unit .

Regards Mark K

Nice addition mate!You should know that this is an Indian made large pack! K.E.F,A.E.F,Bata,B.S.C are all indian makers!

?

Good eye woodpecker

Regards Mark K

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    Nice addition mate!You should know that this is an Indian made large pack! K.E.F,A.E.F,Bata,B.S.C are all indian makers!
    As the 2nd/RWF were stationed in India and Burma, that makes perfect sense. To be honest I have not really thought about that aspect of it as it is still yet to arrive, though I missed a signed for packet today which might have been it.

thanks for the information, much appreciated.
    Regards,

Jerry

Also keep in mind that an indian maker never has a broad arrow with the maker's stamp.You can find the broad arrow only with the inspector's stamp!

I can informe you also that all aussie makers stamps are pink/purple!

*inform

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast