MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

P44 ammo pouch w/frog

Article about: This one I know is a p44 pouch,the pictures in the auction looked ok, but once I got it in hand, I started to think it might be a repro. It has no markings, and it feels lighter than the P37

Default P44 ammo pouch w/frog

This one I know is a p44 pouch,the pictures in the auction looked ok, but once I got it in hand, I started to think it might be a repro. It has no markings, and it feels lighter than the P37 pouches. I've read that they had a jungle pattern of the P44, but I'm not sure if that was only in color, or material as well. There's no wear on the metal bits either, I imagine that here are still NOS out there, but not sure I could get that lucky.

Please, if you have any helpful info or comments, any and all would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

P44 ammo pouch w/frogP44 ammo pouch w/frogP44 ammo pouch w/frogP44 ammo pouch w/frogP44 ammo pouch w/frogP44 ammo pouch w/frogP44 ammo pouch w/frog

Default Re: P44 ammo pouch w/frog

Hi Paul, these are not reproduced to the best of my knowledge.

I think it is fine.

Pattern 1944 Web Equipment

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade, the pics on that site show alot more detail than the pics in my book.

It's genuine, 44 pattern is a lot thinner webbing than 37 pattern and the fittings, being supposedly rust proof, feel a lot lighter and cheaper than 37 pattern. It's a nice find, you just need to get the rest of the webbing now...

I see bits and bobs around, I've been thinking lately I should try for a set so I can hang my No 5 on it. I've been trying to find all the bayonet frogs and scabbards and I'm getting close, now I want to find this one with the slightly wider bottom loop for the No 5 bayonet, and I think I'll have just about all of them. I'll have to lay them out and see one of these days. Thank you for your help