Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pair of WWII US Field Phones

Article about: These two phones were gifted to my son, by a man who saw his collection this past weekend. The man, displaying his antique gas engines at the same event my son was attending this past weeken

Default Pair of WWII US Field Phones

These two phones were gifted to my son, by a man who saw his collection this past weekend. The man, displaying his antique gas engines at the same event my son was attending this past weekend, was impressed with my son’s collection of militaria and offered these two phones to him if he wanted them. We stopped by his house yesterday and picked them up.

The phone on the left is a US Army Signal Corps EE-8-A, an early WWII portable field phone. Although it looks pretty rough in the photos, I think it is going to clean up real well, hard to find these with solid leather carrying straps and the leather top is often missing. The phone to the right is one I am not familiar with and am going to have to do a little research on however, I do believe it to also be WWII period.

My son has another EE-8-A, we picked up some time ago. I think we are going to try and get the both of them working again and he can set them up on either end of his display and let folks try them out, would make a great hands-on history lesson.

Russ & Son

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Pair of WWII US Field Phones

Nice to see.Thats a great idea about setting up a pair for use on a display.
    Ive been after another one for ages now so i can try them out..

We've been talking about setting up two phones like this for some time, just havn't gotten around to doing it. In addition to the now two EE-8-A's he has, he also has an EE-8-B-Gy whick I belive was provided to Germany, in the 1980's, or something of that nature. All the writing on it is in German, but I'm sure when you talk through it in English, it will come out the same on the other end.....

Hi Russ, that is great! This is the beauty of doing displays like your Son's does. People will see he appreciates the items and often you will get kind gifts such as this.

Having them working at an event would be excellent and add another diamention to the show. People like "hands on" stuff.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Absolutly Ade, and he got to Pay it Forward a bit as well. A gal (wing member) that is also a collector, showed up at the event. My son spotted her and grabbed his Navy Wave Seersucker cap to show her. He knew she would like the piece as she collects WWII era womans uniforms. Turns out this was the one piece missing to her Navy Wave uniform and so my son gave it to her. She was very greatful and couldn't believe he was giving it to her. Just seemed to make more sence to give her the one piece she needed than to have it sitting on his display as the only piece to the seersucker uniform.

Very good for him! Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

quintnbaker
    ?

the one on the right is a navy phone from ww2 if you unscrew speakers you should find dates