Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Article about: Picked up this tattered old bag this past weekend, while searching for new treasures. Best I can determine it’s a British Patt 37 small pack bag but not 100% certain as I’ve not found an exa

Default Patt 37 Small Pack?

Picked up this tattered old bag this past weekend, while searching for new treasures. Best I can determine it’s a British Patt 37 small pack bag but not 100% certain as I’ve not found an example that is an exact match. Seems this bag is missing the two straps sewn on the top back of all the other examples if the small pack bag I have found. Does not appear to have ever been on this bag, no stitching marks, difference in color etc. There are some markings on the shoulder strap but no longer legible. Also, the markings on the inside cover flap are all but faded away.

Any ideas?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Patt 37 Small Pack?

Thanks,

Russ

Default Re: Patt 37 Small Pack?

Hi Russ, yes, that is a Haversack, Web Equipment Patt. 37 or "Small Pack". The straps have been removed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for chiming in Ade and confirming for me. Have you ever seen or heard of any examples made with out those two straps, that appear missing on this pack? I've looked, once, twice and a third time and I find absolutly no indication that those two straps were ever in place on this pack.

Russ

Yes, these often got removed when people used them as side packs. It was most likely done a very long time ago and now with wear, washing and overall fading will be very hard to see where they once sat.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks again Ade, I'll go with that story...... Not sure what we are going to do with this thing, the kid HAD TO HAVE IT! Maybe I'll try and hunt down the various contents for it as set it up for his display.

Russ

The contents are fairly easy to find. The main two items being the water bottle (in the web carrier) and the mess tin & knife, fork, spoon.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The contents are fairly easy to find. The main two items being the water bottle (in the web carrier) and the mess tin & knife, fork, spoon.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks.....