Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Possible British Army blanket

Article about: I'd like your opinions on this blanket i picked up at lunchtime. It is grey and the same size as army blankets, but its a lighter shade than I've seen before and has green rather than red bi

Mark, I am putting my blanket to one side for now as I am planing to buy a 1919 pattern large pack on Bounty day (provided its still there!) and then I will be rolling it and wrapping it around the pack like this:

Ah, got you! Let's see it when you are done.

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I've found the old blanket my wife used for her horse/pony whatever. It has all four corners cut which I can only imagine means it's been decommissioned or something. Apart from that there are no markings or stamps on it whatsoever. It's only the fact that it came straight from an army store and that it's very rough to touch that point to it being an old army blanket.

Yes do show it if you get the pack.

Tony

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Ah, got you! Let's see it when you are done.

Mark
    As promised, I have now picked up the 1919 pattern Rucksack, and this is it with the blanket around it:

CBH
    ?

I have a blanket question , were officer blankets light in color , with colored lines ?

Picked up this Aussie one today and thought i would add it to this post
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible British Army blanket   Possible British Army blanket  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2