Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Raf leather glight gloves

Article about: Picked these up yesterday at a local antique store,need a leather pull tab on left glove....comments welcomed.....Dave H

Default Raf leather flight gloves

Picked these up yesterday at a local antique store,need a leather pull tab on left glove....comments welcomed.....Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Raf leather glight gloves   Raf leather glight gloves  

Raf leather glight gloves   Raf leather glight gloves  

Basic '41 pattern slant zip gloves, preferred by pilots, a lot of Americans bartered for these, probably why they are in you neck of the woods. Many US pilots preferred RAF flying kit. They are in nice shape, I wouldn't stress too much about the pull tab, it doesn't really affect their value.

asterperious...Thanks for your input,I am not familiar with this type of flight gloves,what do they normally sell for in this condition?..................Dave H

Nicely AM marked pair, you can't go wrong with these. No idea on what they sell for.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by SADolch View Post
    asterperious...Thanks for your input,I am not familiar with this type of flight gloves,what do they normally sell for in this condition?..................Dave H
    I can only comment on the British market, so they may go for less in the U.S. - Bombphoons.com have a mint pair for £300 - I normally see them go for £150+ (especially when I am bidding on them on eBay!). Either way I suspect that you paid a lot less for them.

Grimebox is right, probably 175-225USD, maybe a bit more on ebay if you are lucky and someone really wants them, but 200USD for yours would be about right. Bomphoons is notable amongst aviation collectors for asking 2025's prices. He pegs in high but will always negotiate down, much like a used car dealer. They will sit for a long time at dealers for 200 pounds too. Prices for general flying stuff have soften a lot lately - which I am pleased about.

Thanks for the responses on value,really appreciate it...........Dave H