Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAMC surgical kit

Article about: Hello gents, I've been sorting through my boxes and came across this, which I found in my parents' house about 15 years ago. I assume it is WW2 vintage, although there are no dates on the ti

Default RAMC surgical kit

Hello gents,

I've been sorting through my boxes and came across this, which I found in my parents' house about 15 years ago. I assume it is WW2 vintage, although there are no dates on the tin, nor equipment, contained within. If anyone can help ID age, or any further details, I would be interested to know. Does the WD arrow and C denote a Canadian manufacture??

Cheers, Tom
    RAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kit

I think the C on the box just denotes which set of medical kit it is rather than Canadian, the WD and makers marks all look to be British so just medical kit box C IMHO. Not really my thing but a stunning set of medical kit, hard to date but circa WWII seems likely in the absence of any dates on any of the items
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

For those that are interested, I was in Normandy for the 70th anniversary and, what do I find at the Gold beach 'British camp', but the following - see tins along bottom of case and contents list, 'tin c'.
    Cheers, Tom
    RAMC surgical kit
    RAMC surgical kit

Smashing set . Very nice !

?

Brilliant pictures Tom!
    I have one of those trunks, but sadly it is empty. At least I now know what to look out for.

Cheers,
    Oz.

Hi Oz, just in case you decide to try and accumulate all the bits, here is the full list of contents...

Cheers, Tom

RAMC surgical kit

?

Finally got around to taking some pics of my trunk. It was bought from an army disposals store soon after the war by a guy who occasionally used it for camping trips. This one was made by the AJAX CANE WORKS of Melbourne.

RAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kitRAMC surgical kit

Cheers,
    Oz.

?

Here is a surgical kit on display in the Australian War Memorial, Canberra. It has been modified for malaria control and has sitting on top a spraying unit for mosquito control. Used in the Pacific theatre. Sorry about the pic, rather challenging conditions for photos.

Oz.

RAMC surgical kit

Are the two loops on the back of the box so it can be carried on a mule saddle ?,you see sometimes on Germans mountain troop items

?

On the back of my kit (which do not show in any of the above pictures) are two D rings attached to the metal straps, with 5 links of chain attached to another ring hanging from the D rings. I suppose these would be ideal for hanging from a load carrying saddle.

Oz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast