Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Items

Article about: In approximately 40 years of collecting I have never seen a war time dated British Army Comb or a PT Shirt. Plenty of shorts but not the shirt. Can anyone post any examples?

?

Default Rare Items

In approximately 40 years of collecting I have never seen a war time dated British Army Comb or a PT Shirt. Plenty of shorts but not the shirt.

Can anyone post any examples?

Cannot say I have either to be honest?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Outside of the one in Brayley's book I've never seen them either, must be up there with dated table knives and WD toothbrushes as not surviving. Incidentally has anyone ever seen a British lemonade powder tin outside a book? Never come across one of them or anyone who has ever seen one!

NCA
    ?

I've seen arrow marked combs but not dated..never seen a wartime pt shirt either.Dated toothbrushes I have seen, there was a website recently where it looked like the dealer found a batch of 42' dated ones..all sold by the time I found out!!But I do have a 45' dated one and last year at my local carboot I found two 39' dated cutlery knives .Wasn't there a lemonade tin sold on ebay a while ago?I'm sure I remember one..could have been another website though.

The Lemonade powder tin I can help with as I have one in my collection:

1943 British Lemonade Powder Ration tin.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fantastic, nice to know they do exist in the wild!

?

The only ones that I have ever seen are in photo's as well.
    Tucked away somewhere I have a, (WWII), group photo of a British Army PTI's course that my late grand-father was on, if memory serves, they are all in PT vests. I will have a look around and see if I can find it then get a copy scanned to here.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Here are some pictures of a 1944 dated tooth brush that was dug up around Oosterbeek some time ago plus an eating knife. I understand they were not manufactured during the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Items   Rare Items  

Quote by LucN View Post
    Here are some pictures of a 1944 dated tooth brush that was dug up around Oosterbeek some time ago plus an eating knife. I understand they were not manufactured during the war.
    Nice to see the knife and toothbrush, though the latter is not really on my wanted list, but I'd buy a knife if I saw one for my sort of price.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I can ask to a friend collecting these items in France... Here, we like all the soldier have with him....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/